Looking for ideas to discover and learn more about yourself? A journal can help, it’s easy! All you need is a pen and piece of paper to get started. Here are journal prompts, lists, and page ideas to discover who you are.
3 easy ideas to self reflect in your bullet journal.
I use my bullet journal as a combination planner, diary journal, and art journal. So it’s my go-to place to save ideas, make plans, and reflect.
Ultimately best thing about a bullet journal is that it’s exactly what you want it to be!
Read on for three ways to use a bullet journal for a more awesome you!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclosure policy for more information. Thanks for your support!
Journal Prompts for Self discovery and reflecting
Journal prompts are an awesome way to express yourself in your journal. I sometimes make up my own journal prompts, use guided journals, and of course, there’s no shortage of journal ideas on Pinterest.
If you are looking to self reflect and aren’t sure what to write, searching for journal prompts would be my first suggestion. Below are some examples of journal prompts to better know yourself to get you started.
Related post: Journal prompts for confidence and self-esteem
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- Where would you like if money was no object?
- What new skill would you like to learn?
- Who are the people in your life that inspire you and why?
- What ways has your life changed for the better?
- If you knew today was your last day on earth who would you want to see and why?
- What actions can you add to your daily routine to reach your goals?
- Who keeps you motivated?
- What values are most important to you and why?
- What advice would you give your past, present, or future self?
- How can you increase your productivity?
- What would you buy if you won the lottery?
- What are you passionate about?
- How could you upgrade your life with $1000?
- Describe your best day from beginning to end?
- What is the biggest mistake people make about you?
- Who are the biggest influences in your family and why?
- What are the things you do really well?
- How can you improve your health
- What did you discover about yourself this week?
- Write about 3 mistakes you made in the past and what you learned from them
- What’s the best compliment you ever received?
- Name 3 things in your personal life you want to change?
- What’s your most meaningful friendship and why?
- If you ran away for a day where would you go? A week? A year?
- What qualities make you unique?
Related Post: How To Get UNSTUCK In Your Bullet Journal
List ideas for your bullet journal planner
Lists are another great way to use your bullet journal and planners when you’re stuck on what to write or want to self reflect. You can also use Guided journals to help you find ideas for lists as well.
If you are looking for help to brain dump and practice mindfulness try lists. Some of these list ideas have a category with more ideas for you to try! I hope they inspire you!
1. Songs that make you smile
2. Wishes for your children
- Foods to try
- Places to travel
- Events to experience (concerts, Festivals, plays, conferences)
- Holidays to celebration
- Free things to do in the city
4. List of things to be Thankful for
5. List of quick and healthy meal ideas
6. Places you can visit within a four hour car ride
7. Wardrobe shopping list
8. List of Favorites
- Things you love about you
- Funny puns
- Family sayings and traditions
- TV shows and movies
- Quotes and affirmations
- Video games
9. List of quotes
- Inspirational And motivational quotes
- Favorite Movie quotes
- Funny quotes
- Life quotes
- Mom quotes
- Love quotes
10. Things and people that bring you joy
11. List of your passions
12. Things that trigger anxiety and stress
13. Productive tasks you can complete in 15 minutes
14. New restaurants to try
15. Zero budget activities
16. Books to Read
17. List of small wins
18. New things you would like to learn
19. Perfect Things
I know there is rarely perfect but it’s nice to think about things that are uniquely perfect to you!
- Your Perfect Workout routine
- Your Perfect Wedding day
- Your Perfect Day off
- Your Perfect Relationship
- Your Perfect Meal
- Features of your perfect home
- Your Perfect Family vacation
20. Entertainment lists
- What to watch
- Ted talks/podcasts for growth
- Audiobooks for car rides
- TV series Binge list
- Upcoming concerts, Festivals, and events
Bullet Journal Page Ideas
I’m always looking for fresh page ideas to add to my journals. Next, are a few old and new pages to try! All ideas about you!
1. I Love Me Page
A page for you to write about all the things you love about you! A great mental health spread for days when you’r a little down on yourself. I decorated this page using Washi tape similar to these, stencils, planner stamps, and Tom Bow Duel Tip Pens.
2. Healthy snacks page
This is a great page for trying a new diet or just trying to watch what you eat. Snack calories add up quickly so a quick reference for snack ideas can keep you on the wagon.
3. A WHY page
This is a page every unique to you and can be a great motivator. Temind yourself what drives your day to day life. For example, your family, buying nice things, going on vacation, self-respect. Whatever motivates you to put on real clothes and “adult” every day.
4. Small wins Page
Next, is a page for small wins. Have a big goal? Stay motivated by reminding yourself of your wins. Above all, Celebrate the small stuff!
5. Mantras and affirmations
Do you have quotes and sayings to use for getting through difficult situations? I highly recommend it! Mantras and affirmations are a great way to cope with stress, anxiety, and self-confidence. Use inspirational stickers as an easy cheap way to pretty up this page!
6.Goals and Dreams
We all have goals and dreams we want to accomplish. Remember a dream is just that without a plan. Create a goal and dreams page like this one to start the process.
Dream -> goal -> plan -> track -> succeed!
7. Coloring Pages
You may think adult coloring pages are a bit of out place in your bullet journal, but let me convince you! I love coloring in my bullet journal.
You know how your mind is always going 100 miles per hour with no brakes? You might be surprised that coloring can help you with that! Coloring isn’t just for kids anymore!
Coloring pages brings relaxation and can reduce anxiety. I consider it a part of my self-care!
Crayola has hundreds of free adult coloring pages and activity packs. You can even customize your own set of crayons!
I really hope these journal prompts, lists, and pages give you some ideas for when your stuck in your journal. I would love to hear about any ideas you use when your stuck in the comments!