Share these inspiring and encouraging mom quotes on Mother’s Day any day you wish to honor motherhood!
There is nothing like a loving mother.
Someone to pick you up when you fall, keep your secrets, and share your joy!
I still call my mom “mommy”
Yes, I’m grown, but to my mom, I will always be her baby so she will always be mommy to me.
Are there even enough words to show the importance of mom?
Looking back, I can remember all the sacrifices my mommy made for us kids. As well as all the love she showered upon us.
Getting up super early to prepare breakfast before she went to work and we went to school.
Working extra hours to make sure we had all that we needed and some of our biggest wants.
Her unwavering support.
Countless times our needs were placed above her own.
Now that I am a new wife and step-mom, I’m experiencing the joys and struggles of motherhood first hand!
Im learning quick,
Sometimes a little extra inspiration and encouragement can get me through dinner, homework, and bedtime!
I’m sure you also have days where inspirational words (and wine) help you conquer the day!
Words to remind you of the kind of person a mother’s love can create.
The strength and resilience of moms!
How beautiful motherhood can be!
Mother’s Day is a special day set aside to honor mom.
So I put together this list of quotes, sayings, and poems to share with moms.
Inspirational and encouraging quotes that honor everything motherhood means.
You can use these quotes to show mom love in different ways.
A quick text or voicemail, find the perfect quote for a Mother’s Day card, inscribe the words on a personalized keepsake gift, or for yourself!
Not only on Mother’s Day, but any day!
Related Post: Funny puns for all your loves
Perhaps you know a mom is having a rough day and could use some encouragement.
Remind a new mom how special motherhood is as she adjusts to a new norm.
Grab that glass of wine and remind yourself of the miracles you perform daily!
I hope came close to finding the words that express what moms mean to the world, especially your mommy!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please see my DISCLOSURE policy for more information. Thanks for your support!
A Mother’s Love
- “A mother’s love endures through all.” – Washington Irving
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” -Honore de Balzac
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” -Gail Tsukiyama
- “No matter how old you get, sometimes you still just need a hug from mom to make everything better.” -Unknown
- “God made Mothers with special hearts to guide and help us, but most precious, to love us.” – Dear mom personalized heart clock
- “We are born of love; Love is our mother.” -Rumi
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
- “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” – Mitch Albom
- “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” -Helen Steiner Rice
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness.” – Jessica Lange
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.” -Leroy Brownlow
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” -Susan Gale
- “All of us are guarded by the most powerful of all the angels – our mother.” -unknown
- “We know love is blind because a mother loves her child even without having seen him” -unknown
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” –Barbara Kingsolver
- She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. -Proverbs 31:25 ( Find gift ideas with this scripture quote here)
- The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.” – W. R. Wallace
- “That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.” -Lauryn Hill
- “If you are a Mom, you are a SUPERHERO, period!” –Supermom Quote Canvas
- “There is more power in a mother’s hand than in a king’s scepter.” –Billy Sunday
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” – Linda Wooten
Related Post: Free Mother’s Day Card to Print
Inspiring Mom Quotes
- “A mother is a woman who shows you the light when you just see the dark.” -Grimaldos Robin
- “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” -Unknown
- “Successful Mothers are not the ones that have never struggled, they are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” –Sharon Jaynes
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” –Lisa Leslie
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” -Linda Wooten
- “You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible.” –Naya Rivera
- “Everything I am, you helped me to be.” –Unknown
- “There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.” -Unknown
- The very fact that you worry about being a good mom means that you are one.-Jodi Picoult
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” -Rajneesh
- “There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family” -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Funny Motherhood Quotes
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” -Chinese Proverb
- “Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.” –Unknown
- Dear Mom, Thanks for putting up with spoiled, ungrateful, messy, annoying children like my siblings. Love, Your Favorite –Funny mom quote mug
- “OF COURSE I’d like to be the ideal mother. But I’m too busy raising children.” -From the comic strip The Family Circus by Bil Keane
- Behind every great child is a mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up. -Unknown
- “No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.” – Florida Scott-Maxwell
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. –Tenneva Jordan
Poems and Sayings
- “If I fell and scraped my knees, You’d dry away my tears. And when I had a nightmare, You came to calm my fears. As a child I always knew, You’d be there when I’d call. To comfort me in the dark, And catch me if I’d fall. And now that I am older, I value your love more. And know that you’ll still be there, ‘Cause that’s what moms are for! I Love You Mom!” -personalized message in a bottle
- If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy. -Ferrell Sims
- “Mother is such a simple word. But to me there’s meaning seldom heard. For everything I am today. My mother’s love showed me the way.” -Karl Fuchs
- Put Up With Me
I’m glad that you’re my mother,
Kind and caring and strong.
Coz surely no-one else,
Could have put up with me this long!
- “For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among ten children and each child still have all her love.” –Unknown
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” -Washington Irving
I would love to hear your favorite motherhood quote for frustrating days. Which quotes remind you of your mom?
Let me know in the comments!